Recipe: Panfried Smashed Potatoes Skillet
Smashed potatoes, the perfect canvas for a hearty serving of Suhey Peppers. Consider yourself the Jackson Pollock of peppers 👨🏻🎨 as you garnish this supremely satisfying cheese-drenched masterpiece.
This dish is the ultimate cross between french fries and nachos. Need we say more?
The potatoes can be boiled ahead of time and refrigerated until you're ready to fire up the skillet. 🔥
- 8 medium red potatoes (about 2 inches long; 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 jar of Suhey Peppers
- big dollop of sour cream
- fresh chives or green onions
- Generously cover potatoes with cold water in a 3-to 4-quart pot and add 1 tablespoon salt. Boil until almost tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes. Transfer to a baking sheet and lightly crush to about 3/4 inch thick with a potato masher or the bottom of a cup, keeping potatoes intact as much as possible.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Transfer potatoes with a spatula to skillet and season with garlic powder, salt, and freshly-cracked pepper. Lower heat to medium-low and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 20 minutes total. Sprinkle with a generous amount of cheese making sure that some of the cheese hits the pan directly so it becomes nice and crispy.
- Finish with a big dollop of sour cream, chopped fresh green onions, and a generous layer of Suhey Peppers!
Adapted from this Epicurious recipe